Eng Note 101: Fume Hood Lattice Racks
This is the first engineering note that we have posted. We are hoping to create an engineering reference library for our use and share information with you. These are some notes about fume hood lattice racks.
These notes are specific to Air Master Systems' Solution Ducted Fume Hoods.
Rod Quantities and Positioning
Using the below drawing of an 8ft fume hood with lattice as reference:
- Three (3) horizontal rods are used regardless of hood length (4ft, 5ft, 6ft or 8ft).
- With vertical rods spaced 12" apart:
- 4ft hood - 2 vertical rods
- 5ft hood - 3 vertical rods
- 6ft hood - 4 vertical rods
- 8ft hood - 6 vertical rods
- The rack is installed close enough to the back wall of the hood so as to avoid any interference with cupsinks and gooseneck water faucets that may be in the hood.
Lattice rack rods, base plate supports and connectors are available from Lee Engineering. Typically, racks are constructed using the following components:
Additional Component Materials:
- Rods: stainless steel and fiberglass
- Base Plates: stainless steel and nylon
- Connectors: stainless steel and nylon